YOUNGSTOWN — Mill Creek MetroParks is extending the cancellations of all previously scheduled programs, tours, events, lectures and indoor facility rentals through Aug. 31.
If a registration fee or rental fee was paid, a full refund will be processed.
The following locations will be closed to the public through Aug. 31:
- MetroParks Farm Education Building and animal barns;
- D.D. & Velma Davis Education and Visitors Center;
- All reservable pavilions, cabins and shelters;
- Yellow Creek Lodge;
- Lanterman’s Mill;
- Administration Office;
- All basketball courts;
- All playgrounds;
- All tennis courts;
- All ball fields;
- Wet playground at Wick Recreation Area and spray basin at Scholl Recreation Area;
- Dek hockey rink, located at Wick Recreation Area;
- Lake Newport and Lake Glacier boathouses.
Various Mill Creek MetroParks outdoor locations will be remain open and available for use, including Mill Creek Park, Fellows Riverside Gardens, Sebring Woods, The MetroParks Bikeway, Mill Creek Golf Course, Wick Par-3, MetroParks Farm Disc Golf Course and all nature preserves and sanctuaries.
Visitors are asked to follow all guidelines from state and local health officials.