YOUNGSTOWN — Live outdoor community events are returning to downtown this month.
As part of the Premier Bank Community Event Series, JAC Management Group will host socially distanced concerts at the Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre, and the Youngstown Summer Movie Series is moving to Wean Park and will take place in Huntington Bank Community Alley.
“We feel confident that we are ready to host events where the community can come together safely for a night of entertainment,” Eric Ryan, president of JAC Management Group, said in a news release.
“We have all faced uncertain times this year, but we now have the chance to come together safely in these shared spaces within Wean Park and enjoy some of the amazing local entertainment that Youngstown has to offer,” Derrick McDowell, coordinator of Community Engagement and Inclusion for Wean Park, said.
The concert schedule at the Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre (doors open at 6:30 p.m.; shows start at 7:30 p.m.):
- Sept. 19: Disco Inferno;
- Sept. 26: Jazz in the Park Youngstown Inc. Presents the Jazz in the Park All-Star Revue;
- Oct. 3: Loud 102.3 Presents 330 Show LIVE.
Tickets are on sale at Ticketmaster.com. Limited capacity will be enforced.
The fall edition of the Youngstown Summer Movie Series schedule (movies start at dusk, around 7 p.m.):
- Sept. 20: “Little Shop of Horrors”;
- Sept. 27: “Remember the Titans”;
- Oct. 4: “Coco”;
- Oct. 11: “Addams Family Values”.
The Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre will employ the following guidelines, as well as any additional guidelines set forth by local and state health departments:
- Patrons must conduct daily health symptom assessments before each performance, and anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted into the venue.
- Patrons must wear masks at all times.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and/or blankets for seating and are responsible for maintaining 6 feet of social distance from other patrons.
- Family members should sit together, socially distanced from other individuals and families.
- No congregating before or after performances is permitted.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available for all patrons.
- Only 15 percent of normal capacity is permitted to attend.
- A streamlined concession menu will be offered to expedite service in an effort to reduce wait time in line.
- Additional sanitation crew members will be employed to ensure cleanliness of high-traffic areas.