NILES — Boscov’s has three days of events lined up to celebrate the grand opening of its Eastwood Mall location.
The events will feature specials, entertainment, prizes, fireworks, free gifts and more.
“We’ve created an unforgettable grand opening celebration for the Mahoning and Shenango Valley communities,” Jim Boscov, chairman and CEO of Boscov’s, said in a news release. “You can expect exciting retailing that combines fun, fashion, community partnership, entertainment and service with jaw-dropping pricing on a tremendous assortment of products throughout the store.”
Here’s a look at what’s planned:
Thursday (Charity Day — Shop for a Cause)
- Make a $5 donation to your favorite participating nonprofit and you’ll be the first to see the new Boscov’s and shop all the grand opening specials. There will be music, entertainment and a free gift.
- The first 2,000 customers to visit the candy department will receive a free Asher’s chocolate covered pretzel in celebration of National Chocolate Covered Pretzel Day.
Friday (Family Day — Something for Everyone)
- Boscov’s officially opens to the public. Be one of the first to shop all of the grand opening specials and enjoy a day filled with free entertainment for the entire family, including music and activities for kids.
- The first 5,000 customers will receive a Local Eatery Passport to Savings, filled with savings to support local eateries.
Saturday (Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony and Fireworks)
- At 9 a.m., a parade of antique cars, local dignitaries, mascots and the Niles High School marching band will kick off a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Ginny Pasha, president of United Way of Trumbull County, and United Way member agencies will snip a ribbon made of $100 bills for their organizations plus a $1,000 bill for the United Way, symbolizing Boscov’s commitment to local charities that serve the communities.
- There will be free performances by Elvis Aaron Presley Jr. and Jason Lindsey, aka “Mr. Science,” in the store’s community auditorium.
- At 9 p.m., there will be a fireworks display at the mall. Tune in to Hot 101.1 FM to hear music synchronized to the display.
Events will continue throughout the month. Details can be viewed on the PDF below. For a full-size version, click the icon in the upper right.