BOARDMAN — Boardman Local Schools will have a bus driver job fair from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday (Feb. 24) at the Boardman bus garage, 8252 Raupp Ave.
Applicants will be able to tour the transportation garage and learn more about the skills needed.
“It’s a rewarding and flexible job, which pays $16 dollars an hour for our substitute bus drivers with potential for full-time work and benefits,” Ryan Dunn, transportation supervisor, said in a news release. “We are looking to add substitute drivers as soon as possible. We have on-board instructors who can help you receive the training needed.”
Applicants should bring a valid driver’s license and be ready for an onsite interview.
State Farm agents collect
$15K for Second Harvest
“Our communities are hurting right now, and our obligation is to step in and help our neighbors,” State Farm agent Jan Cefalu said in a news release. “Supporting the good work of Second Harvest Food Bank will go a long way toward helping our community get back on its feet.”
All funds were donated by the following State Farm agents in the Mahoning Valley area: Jan Cefalu, Tom Danko, Carrie Ratliff, Jamie Blott, Jim Leugers, Renee Knepper, Brandon Miller, Nick Murdock, Scott Seiple, Dan Sabol, Tania Howell, Rob Donahue, Gina McQuillan, Bridgett Cutlip and Derek Knepper.
Agents said they want to continue to help and make an impact where they can and decided to help the food bank because they knew the money will go to good use.
Regional chamber to present
‘Good Morning, Mahoning County!’
YOUNGSTOWN — The Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber will host its “Good Morning, Mahoning County!” event from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday (Feb. 26) at Stambaugh Auditorium, 1000 Fifth Ave.
Speakers will include:
- Mahoning County Commissioner Anthony Traficanti;
- A member of the Meijer team will give an overview of what's going on at the new retailer in Boardman;
- The regional chamber's Guy Coviello will provide a recap of last year's state capital budget, which resulted in $3.7 million for Valley projects;
- A representative of Stambaugh Auditorium will provide details about the facility’s ongoing capital improvement projects;
- Regional chamber COO Sarah Boyarko will give an update on projects that the Economic Development team is working on in and around Mahoning County;
- Representatives from Continuing Healthcare Solutions and MS Consultants will give brief updates on their organizations.
The cost is $25 for members and $35 for nonmembers. Click here to register.— Do you have a business announcement you'd like to share? Email email@example.com.