BOARDMAN — The Boardman Civic Association will host its 2020 candidates and issues forum as an in-person, outdoor event at 5:30 p.m. Monday at Boardman Park’s Maag Amphitheater.
Candidates and representatives for both political office and community issues will present information to assist voters in the upcoming election.
Outdoor seating will be arranged for appropriate social distancing. Attendees are asked to consider bringing their own chairs. An outdoor sound system will be used for guests to listen. Those who prefer to remain in their vehicles will be able to listen on their radios via Boardman Park’s short-range FM transmitter. BSTN will videotape all speakers for later broadcast on its cable television network.
If it rains, the forum will be moved indoors to Boardman Park’s Community Center Rotary Room, and guests will be limited to speakers, BCA board members and a television crew. The sound system and FM broadcast would still be available.
The dinner that is usually part of the forum will not take place this year.
The following races and issues will be highlighted at the forum:
- U.S. Congress, 13th District;
- Ohio state representative, 59th District;
- Mahoning County commissioner (term 1/2/2021);
- Mahoning County commissioner (term 1/3/2021);
- Mahoning County prosecuting attorney;
- Mahoning County Probate judge;
- Mahoning County Area Court judge;
- Mahoning County recorder;
- Mahoning County coroner.
- Mahoning County Senior Services;
- Mahoning County Board of Developmental Disabilities;
- Boardman Township levies;
- Boardman Township Park District levy;
- Boardman Local School District levy.