YOUNGSTOWN — The Roman Catholic Diocese of Youngstown will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Lutheran-Catholic Covenant on Thursday (Oct. 29).
On Oct. 29, 2000, Bishop Thomas Tobin of the Diocese of Youngstown and Bishop Marcus Miller of Northeastern Ohio Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America signed the covenant to commemorate the faith shared by Lutherans and Catholics.
The covenant dedicates them to prayer, study and action for Christian unity.
The Lutheran Catholic Covenant Commission invites the Lutherans and Catholics of Northeastern Ohio to commemorate the anniversary:
- Announce the 20th Anniversary through the congregation bulletin, website, Facebook, or other social media;
- Organize an ecumenical Advent Bible Study;
- Pray for Christian unity during Sunday worship in October and November;
- Promote Christian unity through works of mercy and justice;
- View the commemorative video produced by the Catholic Television Network of Youngstown.
For a sample announcement, intercessory prayers, Advent Bible study and more information about the Covenant, visit the Lutheran-Catholic Covenant website.