Community Legal Aid is offering online programs in March to anyone who may need legal assistance.
Programs are taught by attorneys and are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.
On Wednesdays in March, Legal Aid advocates will be live on Facebook at 5 p.m.
A different legal topic will be featured every week. Audience members can ask questions related to the topic and get answers from attorneys.
The March topics are :
- Wednesday: Learn about Ohio Legal Help, an online, interactive self-help tool with legal information and forms;
- March 10: Social Security Benefits, featuring a special guest from the Social Security Administration. Hear information regarding different types of benefits;
- March 17: General question and answer session, with a panel of Legal Aid advocates available to answer questions on a variety of civil legal issues;
- March 24: Learn about your options if you are behind on rent or have other concerns related to housing;
- March 31: Learn about the probate process and documents you should have in the event of a medical emergency or end of life.
Visit Legal Aid's Facebook page to attend these free events.
Legal clinics about evictions are scheduled Tuesdays at 4 p.m. in March. Visit www.communitylegalaid.org/
A homeowners Information class discussing the foreclosure process and options if you are falling behind on your mortgage is available on Thursday and March 18 at 5 p.m. Visit www.communitylegalaid.org/
A financial wellness workshop is set for March 30 at 2 p.m. Preregistration is required.
Veterans screening clinics are available for those seeking free legal help related to housing, debt, public benefits, record sealing and other civil legal matters. Clinic services are by phone appointment only and offered in partnership with local VA services.
A Youngstown VA outpatient clinic is set for March 17 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 330-740-9200, ext. 447700, to preregister.
A Clarence Darrow Court clinic on housing and financial concerns is available to Trumbull County residents or those who have a pending eviction, foreclosure or consumer debt/collection lawsuit in a Trumbull County court. The clinic operates by phone appointments Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Call 330-983-2584 to preregister.
Legal assistance to victims of domestic violence or sexual assault is available Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. Speak by phone with an attorney about your legal rights and options regarding a variety of civil legal matters, including divorce, custody/visitation, debt/bankruptcy, record sealing, evictions, protection orders and more. Preregister by calling 330-983-2620.