BOARDMAN — The seventh annual “But I Know What I Like” art show opening reception took place Sunday at the Davis Family YMCA.
Eighty artists submitted 150 pieces, which will hang throughout the first floor of the YMCA until Nov. 14. Entry to the show is free and open to the public.
Here are the winners:
- Best of Show: Diane Beatty, “A Door to the Past,” photograph;
- Juror's Choice: John Fire, “Silver Bridge Reflections,” photograph; Christi Kacvinsky, “Thoughtful Beauty,” oil on canvas; Don Wright, “Western Reserve Rush Hour,” watercolor;
- Award of Excellence: Guy Shively, “Moline Boy,” oil on canvas; Linda Vasconi, “Mulberry Stained Glass,” photograph; Patricia Watson, “2020 Year of Loneliness,” mixed media; Jim Young, “Within You Without You,” mixed media;
- Merit Award: Beth Basista, “Highland Lighthouse,” mixed media; Julie Hahn, “Buckeyes,” oil on canvas; Leanne Lee, “Reach Out,” markers; Bonnie Mikanik, “Lanterman's Mill,” acrylic;
- Honorable Mention: Judy Armeni, “Beyond the Trees,” acrylic; John Burkard, “Green Grapes in Silver Cup,” watercolor; Darrin Cannon, “Barbera Sunset,” acrylic; Ruth Churchill, “Country Lane,” acrylic; Kim Floyd, “Sunflower Dreams,” photograph; Anthony Greier, “Sunflower Field I,” oil on canvas; Jonathan Marafiote, “Windganon Light,” acrylic; Ellen Sandel, “Peek-a-Boo Penny,” acrylic.