YOUNGSTOWN — Eighteen men and women from around the Diocese of Youngstown will be commissioned as lay leaders of prayer Nov. 6 at Our Lady of the Lakes Parish — St. James Church in North Jackson.
Monsignor Robert Siffrin, vicar general of the Diocese of Youngstown, will be the presider.
Leaders of prayer are commissioned not only to lead scheduled acts of worship in the parish in the absence of a priest but also to expand the opportunities for communal prayer. They are commissioned for three years for service in their parish under the direction of the pastor.
The new lay leaders of prayer include:
- Connor Hetzel (diocesan seminarian) — Christ Our Savior Parish, Struthers
- Alec Lukasko — Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish, Niles
- Mary Jo Dugan — St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, Warren
- James Digianantonio and Cathy Mazzi — St. Mary Parish, Warren
- Cathy Poponak — St. William Parish, Champion
- Julianne Pertz — St. Joseph Calasanctius Parish, Jefferson
- Amy Jenick — St. Mary Parish, Orwell
- Jennifer Lawrence — St. Joan of Arc Parish, Streetsboro
- Mark Bagnoli, Karen Hutnick and Donald Olszewski — St. Anthony/All Saints Parish, Canton
- Catherine “Kit” Kuhle and Jack Wallace — St. Joseph Parish, Canton
- Mario Calandros, Ray Hunter and Judy Hunter — St. Louis Parish, Louisville
- Trevor Ivan — St. Michael the Archangel Parish