YOUNGSTOWN — Mahoning County Public Health has scheduled three flu shot clinics for next week.
The clinic schedule is:
- Monday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Boardman United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall, 6809 Market St.
- Wednesday, 2 to 5 p.m. at Struthers Mauthe Park, 156 Smithfield St.
- Thursday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Mahoning County Public Health, 50 Westchester Drive, Youngstown.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends everyone 6 months of age and older get a flu vaccine every season.
Appointments are required for these clinics. To schedule, call 330-270-2855, ext. 125.
The clinic will bill insurance. Patients should bring insurance cards, driver’s licenses and Medicaid and Medicare cards.
Most vulnerable to developing flu-related complications, the CDC says, are:
- Children ages 6 months to 2 years old;
- Adults 65 years of age and older;
- Pregnant women and women up to two weeks postpartum;
- Residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities;
- Those with chronic medical conditions such as asthma, COPD, cystic fibrosis, heart disease, blood disorders, diabetes, kidney, liver, or endocrine disorders, weakened immune systems due to diseases such as cancer, HIV or AIDS;
- Those relying on medications for chronic steroid use or long-term aspirin use in people younger than 19 years of age.