YOUNGSTOWN — There are seven properties in Youngstown, Campbell, Austintown and Smith Township on the auction block for the Mahoning County Auditor's annual forfeited land sale.
The sale is set for 10 a.m. Sept. 22 in the commissioners' hearing room in the basement of the Mahoning County Courthouse, 120 Market St.
The seven parcels for sale were all offered at two separate Sheriff sales and were not sold, according to a Monday news release from the county auditor's office. If there are no Sheriff sale takers, properties are forfeited to the state for county auditors to sell on the state's behalf.
Interested bidders must preregister by 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 16, in order to bid. Registrations will not be accepted on the day of the sale. Affidavits must be notarized before being submitted. Notarized forms can be delivered in-person at the auditor's office or mailed. They cannot be emailed. Forms postmarked on or after Sept. 16 will not be accepted.
A full list of rules and the preregistration packet can be downloaded from the auditor's website. Interested bidders can also call the auditor's office at 330-740-2010 to request the forms by mail.
“I encourage anyone who may be interested in purchasing a property to review the information on our website as this is a buyer beware sale," Auditor Ralph Meacham is quoted in the release. "The county auditor does not give any representation regarding possession, eviction, prior inspection, scheduled demolition, health code violation or any other matter."
See summaries of the forfeited parcels for sale below. Click the links to be taken to their listings on the county auditor's website.
- Parcel No. 16-017-0-069.00-0: 20946 Alliance Sebring Road and 20947 Alliance Sebring Road in Smith Township, both 0.674 acre parcels including land and building, opening bids for each are $20,168.
- Parcel No. 46-015-0-356.00-0: 320 Jackson St. in Campbell, a 63-foot by 180-foot parcel including land and building, opening bid is $13,749.
- Parcel No. 48-010-0-320.00-0: A 63-foot by 140-foot vacant plot along South Navarre Avenue in Austintown Township, opening bid is $8,662.
- Parcel No. 53-172-0-103.00-0: A 10-foot by 139-foot vacant plot along Millet Avenue in Youngstown, opening bid is $878.
- Parcel No. 53-172-0-105.00-0: A 50-foot by 139-foot vacant plot at 58 Millet Ave. in Youngstown, opening bid is $2,608.
- Parcel No. 53-172-0-160.00-0: A 40-foot by 100-foot vacant plot at 2315 Oakwood Ave. in Youngstown, opening bid is $2,884.