YOUNGSTOWN — Many Mahoning Valley school districts have made plans to provide meals to students scheduled to be at home for the next three weeks.
Mahoning Matters is compiling a list of so-called grab-and-go school lunches during the interim. This list will be updated as more information becomes available. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide additional updates.
Meals can be picked up "drive-thru" style at the locations below.
Austintown Local Schools - weekdays 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Austintown Elementary School, 245 Idaho Road
- Bethel Assembly of God Church, 3807 Mahoning Ave.
- Austintown Community Church, 242 S. Canfield-Niles Road
- Highway Tabernacle Church, 3000 S. Raccoon Road
Meals are free to all children and students, no questions asked.
Boardman Local Schools - March 23 at 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Robinwood Lane Elementary, 835 Indianola Ave.
- West Boulevard Elementary, 6125 West Blvd.
Children ages 1-18 can pick up 10 free meals Monday; each child must be present to receive meals.
Bristol Local Schools
- The district requests that families complete this survey regarding food needs.
Campbell Local Schools - Tuesdays and Fridays 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Christ Community Church, 531 Neoka Drive
- Shiloh Baptist Church, 238 Bright Ave.
- Neighborhood Ministries, 75 Jackson St.
- Campbell Elementary School, 2002 Community Circle
Meals for district students under 18.
Canfield Local Schools - Tuesdays and Thursdays 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.; delivery available
- Hilltop Elementary School, 400 Hilltop Blvd.
Meals available for students participating in the free or reduced lunch program.
Howland Local Schools - Tuesdays and Thursdays 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Howland High School, 8200 S St. SE
Food from pantry will be available for pick up at the high school on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m.
Students who are part of the Backpack Program can pick up food on Monday between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Howland United Methodist Church and on the next three Fridays between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Hubbard Exempted Village Schools - Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Hubbard Middle School, 250 Hall Ave. (back parking lot)
Service is available "for any family that is in need of food during the closure of our schools."
Any family in need of food but unable to pick up food during the scheduled times are encouraged to contact their child’s building principal.
Liberty Local Schools - weekdays 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Liberty High School
To-go lunches free to any student up to age 18, $2 for anyone over 18.
Food pantry will be open Monday from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at Blott Guy PK-6 School located at 4115 Shady Road to any district student.
Lordstown Local Schools
The high school food pantry will be accessible during the school closure. Anyone in need of food services is asked to call the board office at 330-824-2535 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Newton Falls Exempted Village Schools - Mondays 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- St. Mary’s Social Hall, 131 W. Quarry St.
- Blue Water Manor, 3260 Salt Springs Road
- Newton Falls United Methodist Church, 336 Ridge Road
- Newton Falls High School, 907 Milton Blvd.
Weekly food boxes will be provided to families.
Niles City Schools - Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Board offices, 309 N. Rhodes Ave.
Struthers City Schools - weekdays starting Tuesday, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Struthers Elementary School, 520 9th St.
Warren City Schools - weekdays 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Warren G Harding High School, 860 Elm Road NE
- Lincoln PK-8, 2253 Atlantic St. NE
- Jefferson PK-8, 1543 Tod Ave. SW
- McGuffey PK-8, 3465 Tod Ave. NW
- Community Garden, 565 Laird Ave.
- Hampshire House, 244 5th St. SW
- Packard Park, Mahoning Avenue
- Renaissance Place, 1948 Palmyra Road
- Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW
- Warren Heights, 504 Douglas St. NW
- YMCA - Trumbull family Fitness, 210 High St.
- St. Paul Lutheran Church, 2860 East Market St.
- F.O.C.U.S. Building, 2051 Niles Road SE
- Former Emerson School Site, 1619 Drexel Ave. NW
- Former Secrest School Site, 1001 Bennett Ave. NW
Youngstown City Schools
Bagged breakfast and lunch pickup for students will begin Thursday (March 19) at 35 sites across the city.
Throughout the closure, food will be distributed Mondays and Thursdays from buses.
Families should be aware that some foods do contain allergens such as peanut butter. If a student receives special diet meals from YCSD, per doctor’s order, call 330-744-7194 and arrange pickup of special meals. Mondays and Thursdays are call and pickup days for special meals at YCSD’s Central Kitchen, located in the back of Choffin Career and Technical Center, 200 E. Wood St. Call 330-744-6921 with questions about meal distribution.
The sites and approximate times for food distribution by bus:
- St. Anthony, 1155 Turin St., 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Choffin Career and Technical Center, 200 E. Wood St., 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Former Hayes Middle School, 1616 Ford Ave., 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Ursuline High School, 750 Wick Ave., 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Harding Elementary School, 1903 Cordova Ave., 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Wick Park, bus will be on Broadway, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Kirkmere Elementary School, 2851 Kirk Road, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Volney Rogers Elementary School, 2400 S. Schenley Ave., 9 to 11 a.m.
- Chaney High School, 731 S. Hazelwood Ave., 9 to 11 a.m.
- Stambaugh Charter Academy, 2420 Donald Ave., 9 to 11 a.m.
- Wonder Bread parking lot, corner of Mahoning and Glacier avenues, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Palms, 301 Steel St., 9 to 11 a.m.
- McGuffey Elementary School, 310 S. Schenley Ave., 9 to 11 a.m.
- Summit Academy Elementary School, 144 N. Schenley Ave., 9 to 11 a.m.
- East High School, 474 Bennington Ave., 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- L.E. Black Funeral Home, 1951 McGuffey Road, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Youngstown Academy of Excellence, 1408 Rigby St., 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Martin Luther King Elementary School, 2024 Mariner Ave., 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- McGuffey Centre, 1649 Jacobs Road, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Kendis Circle, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Citi Trends, 2960 McCartney Road, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Rising Star Baptist Church, 2943 Wardle Ave., 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Victor and Buckeye streets, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Wilson Elementary School, 2725 Gibson St., 10 a.m. to noon.
- Former Princeton School, Hillman Avenue, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Williamson Elementary School, 58 Williamson Ave., 10 a.m. to noon.
- Horizon Science Academy, 3403 Southern Blvd., 10 a.m. to noon.
- Pleasant Grove Presbyterian Church, 3919 Southern Blvd., 10 a.m. to noon.
- Youngstown Playhouse, 600 Playhouse Lane, off of Glenwood Avenue, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Paul C. Bunn Elementary School, 1825 Sequoya, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Volney field parking lot, off of Glenwood, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Southside Academy, 1400 Oak Hill Ave., 10 a.m. to noon.
- Family Video, 2072 E. Midlothian Blvd., 10 a.m. to noon.
- Former Sheridan School, 3321 Hudson Avenue, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Glenwood Business Center, 2246 Glenwood Ave., 10 a.m. to noon.