YOUNGSTOWN — Several Mahoning Valley foundations and United Ways are teaming up to support area nonprofits and residents in a response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Six local organizations — The Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley, Mercy Health Foundation of Mahoning Valley, The Raymond John Wean Foundation, United Way of Trumbull County, United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley and The Youngstown Foundation — have pledged to leverage resources (informational and monetary) to strengthen investments made to address COVID-19 and its impact on Valley residents.
While each organization has established priorities and funding guidelines, all are committed to coordinating efforts. Organization leaders will convene weekly to share information, communicate emerging needs and grant decisions, and collaborate on project funding.
The plan is to ensure donations are distributed efficiently and increase the impact of each contribution.
The first steps for this funding partnership include gathering information from local agencies and individuals on the impact of this pandemic and its consequences.
The organizations will assess the immediate, short-term and long-term needs of the community and continue to reassess new challenges.
Several partners have established COVID-19 funds. To make a donation, here are links:
- The Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley: https://www.cfmv.org/response-fund/
- Mercy Health Foundation: https://foundation.mercy.com/youngstown/give.aspx?from=/youngstown.aspx
- United Way of Trumbull County: https://www.unitedwaytrumbull.org/covid-19-relief-fund or text TRUMBULL to 41444
- United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley: https://www.ymvunitedway.org/covid-19-response-fund/ or text COVID19 to 313131
- The Youngstown Foundation: https://www.youngstownfoundation.org/give/donate-now.aspx