YOUNGSTOWN — Mahoning County is preparing to start administering COVID-19 vaccines to residents in Phase 1B next week.
The entire county will receive 3,075 doses, Mahoning County Health Commissioner Ryan Tekac announced Thursday. Starting Monday, vaccines will be available to residents 80 years of age and older.
Doses will be divided among five providers:
- Mahoning County Public Health: 400
- Youngstown City Health District: 500
- Mercy Health Boardman: 500
- Mercy Health Youngstown: 975
- Southwoods Health: 200
- Giant Eagle Pharmacies: 500
To register for an appointment at one of the designated vaccine sites, call:
- Mahoning County Public Health: 330-207-2855 or www.mahoninghealth.org (active starting Friday at 9 a.m)
- Youngstown City Health District: 330-502-4276 or covid19.youngstown.gov (already active)
- Mercy Health: 1-866-624-0366 (active starting Friday at 8 a.m.)
- Southwoods Health: 330-965-5099 (active starting Friday at 8 a.m.)
- Giant Eagle Pharmacy, 476 Boardman-Canfield Road: 330-726-9518
- Giant Eagle Pharmacy, 1201 Doral Drive: 330-726-7142
- Giant Eagle Pharmacy, 5220 Mahoning Ave.: 330-793-9345
- Giant Eagle Pharmacy, 3130 Center Road: 330-757-4099
- Giant Eagle Pharmacy, 525 E. Main Street: 330-286-0012
Residents wishing to receive the vaccine at a Giant Eagle Pharmacy can start calling to make appointments starting Wednesday (Jan. 20).
Patients will be prompted to make an appointment for their second vaccine dose when they make their initial appointments.
According to census data, about 21 percent of Mahoning County's population — about 48,938 people — is 65 years old or older.
As of Thursday, 3,107 Mahoning County residents over the age of 60 already received the first dose of the vaccine.