BOARDMAN — The Davis Family YMCA is now providing childcare support for children of medical services providers.
The YMCA is licensed as a pandemic childcare center and is taking registrations for children age 3 to 13.
“Because of the evolving rules governing the coronavirus pandemic, the impact of school closures, and the growing demand on medical professionals, we have transitioned our YMCA to support doctors, nurses, technicians, and essential staff by caring for their children,” said Tom Gacse, YMCA CEO.
“We want to make sure that the essential workers of our community who are on the front lines during this crisis can know that their children are in a safe place, as they care for a growing number of our loved ones during this difficult time,” Gacse said.
Those eligible include:
- Hospital and clinic staff
- Pharmacy staff
- Nursing home, elder care, and home health care workers
- Mental health counselors
- Developmental disability aides
- First responders (police, fire & EMT)
- Direct service workers (childcare, children services, public assistance and adult protective services)